At any given moment, you can start logging their times (per project, per user etc.) from the Time entries page inside the Time tracking menu.
Registering time entries can be done in two ways:
- Automatically from the timer found at the top of your page
- Manually, by clicking on Log time.
Logging time from the timer (ongoing tasks)
If you or a team member work on a task/project but haven't finished yet, you can use the time entry bar found at the top of the page.
As soon as you click it, the system begins to recording your time and displays a bar from which you can either select a project, a task, or both, to which the time entry refers.
Clicking on X, the bar folds back at the top of the screen so it doesn't take up your screen's space.
Once you have finished working, you can tap the Stop icon and Elorus will create a new time entry that be found in the time entries list.
When you finish your task, you can press the Stop button and a time entry will be automatically.
Logging time manually
By clicking on Log time you can create a record with specific start date / time along with an end date / time.
Completed time entries
Regarding to the time entry's duration, you have two options:
- Set exact start / end dates as you can see in the image above.
- Or set a duration in hours by clicking the relevant field below the start field.
In order for the time entry to be created, you are required to submit the information below:
- Star/end date
- The project this time entry belongs to (if applicable)
- The task this time entry belongs to (if applicable)
- The assignee: You can select another user (if you have that kind of permission) or yourself.
- A brief description of the tasks the assignee completed during this time-frame
- Whether it is billable: Applicable only when a project is selected.
> Designating an end date here is mandatory, so if you want to keep track of an ongoing task/project you can use the timer bar at the top of the page.