Inside each project's view page you can obtain useful information about its progress and current status.
On the right side, you can select to Edit, Log time for the project, Invoice or view the project's More (....) options by clicking on the respective buttons. Below the buttons you will find information about its creation and latest modification.
> For more details on invoicing a project, please refer to the related article.
On the project's details you get information about
- the Client,
- Tasks associated with the project
- its billing method (in this case, there is an hourly rate)
- and the Client portal (CP) settings you have in place.
Time and invoicing totals
Depending on the type of project (fixed cost, billable, et c) you may view one or more of these types of information.
- Total time: This index illustrates how many hours you and your team have spent working on this project.
- Unbilled time: The total hours that have not been invoiced.
- Invoiced/uninvoiced amounts: If you have already invoiced this project, the total amount invoiced will appear on the related index. The same applies to amounts that are left to be billed.
- Expenses: If there are any expenses added in the project, the billable amounts will appear on the top bar.
- Percentage of billable hours: This can help you assess how much of the work is done towards completion of the project or complementary tasks.
Tracked hours [Graph]
This graphic illustration gives you a quick insight of the tracked hours, depending on the period you will choose from the drop-down list. The hours are broken down to billable and non- billable and you can hover over the section you are interested in to view amount in full.
You can view the state of your project in three different tabs: summary report, invoices and expenses. The summary report groups the time entries created for this project. Invoices tab informs you what part of the project is already invoiced and expenses sums up the amounts spent on your end for purchase related to project, whether billable to the client or entered as project expenses for your own finance management. See the tabs in more detail below.
In this part of the project's overview you can see all the registered time entries summed and sorted by task or assignee, as well as billable, billed and unbilled amounts.
To assist you with your reporting, you may additionally select between "Description" and "Assignee" as secondary categorization. In the following example, hours spent are grouped per task and each task is sub grouped in descriptions. By clicking the task arrow on the right column, the task entry will be broken down further per description (Landing pages in example below)
Note: To view how your hours have been spent in more detail, simply click on the hours spent-linked with the time detailed report, already filtered for you.
If you wish to add more columns to your table, you can click columns as shown below. The period button, as with any other report, allows you to set the interval for which you wish to receive your reporting.
Click on the Invoices tab next to the summary report, so you can view all invoices issued for this project.
With one look, you will have a general idea of dates of issue, due dates where they have been set and, rather importantly, the statues of each invoice so you can know how much you can expect to receive in the near future due to the project.
The tab presents you with the expenses made for the project, both billable and non-billable, along with basic information such as date, reference number, net value and supplier.